Sunday, August 11, 2019

It Is Almost Mini Vacation Time


Dawn breaking over the hill country. Isn't this a spectacular view. Hopefully I will be able to see this sky at dawn on Tuesday from our motel...
 Speaking of Motel... This is where we are staying...

This is the Frederick Motel and it is close to where we will be going. I grabbed a few shots from the web site.

The Lobby

A small quaint room... Ours will have double beds. It also has a full coffee maker and mini fridge as well.

Part of the bathroom... It is a full bathroom.

Hello everyone,
 Talk about a scorcher it is so hot out today. My phone says it is 103F outside. It sure feels like it. 
 It is 7:25pm right now and it hasn't cooled off at all. 
 We had a beautiful morning with a nice cool breeze. I took my tea out and sat on the patio and just enjoyed the morning and it was really nice until about 11ish and then it started getting really warm. Then as always the warm turned to down right hot as blazes.
 It was actually hotter to me today than yesterday. It is funny how humidity plays such a huge part in our temperatures. 

 Tomorrow is supposed to be 104 for the high and 79 for the low but it is supposed to be clear. That is good news because I have not gotten to see anything this year because it was always cloudy or overcast.
 I am really looking forward to going. We were going to go to Enchanted Rock State Park but we changed our minds. I called to find out the fees and such and they close the park at 10:00pm every night so the Park Ranger recommended that we go over to Cross Mountain State Park which is actually 7 miles closer to our Motel.

This cross lights up every night. Isn't that pretty?

This is main street.. At least one side of it. The other side is below in the next photograph.

Another view of main street from the other side.

 This photo is of the Frederickburg Library. I noticed that a lot of the photos I came across on the internet was taken around Christmas. My daughter Karyn said that they have a huge Christmas parade and decorate the town so she and I are planning to go back in December.

Another Christmas photo of a shop. I was going to look up some information on it but I was in the middle of doing laundry and some cleaning and I forgot but that building is just gorgeous!

This photo said this is the Bank.... I am assuming it is on the upper floor(s).... It looks like a shop is next to it. I cannot tell but I guess we will find out tomorrow. :)

We can only choose one museum because of time. We are going to have less time than we had originally planned because we have to leave later. I have a doctors appointment and I cannot miss it and it is at 11:20am.
So we chose to go to the Admiral Nimitz Museum above instead of the National Museum of the Pacific War Below.

Both look like fun and it doesn't stop there... They also have the Pacific Combat Zone and The Japanese Peace Gardens.

 So this is a small itinerary of sorts of Fredericksburg but we are also planning on going to the wine country and work our way down to Bourne and Lukenbach as well so we are going to be busy.

 Speaking of which I am a bit tired and still have one load of laundry to do so I will say goodnight for now. 

 Have a great Monday to all and I will be back late Tuesday night or Wednesday... Be safe and Be Blessed... BB












3 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! Looks like you have a cute motel and I love some of those buildings downtown. That one with the elephant is especially interesting -- wonder what the story is there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beth, I love those buildings! You are going to have such fun! Take lots of pix and have a super time. Chat with you when you get back and are rested. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not I have been to Fredericksburg. I once had a job that took me to Comfort, TX in the Hill Country once a month or so. We usually stayed in San Antonio, but the people we worked with lived in Fredericksburg, Kerrville, and Comfort itself. Enjoy your trip and the time spent with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...