Thursday, August 1, 2019

Lughnasadh And Happy Birthday Nathan


Image from internet

Happy  Lammas, (Lughnasadh)

 Happy Birthday Nathan. I love you very much and I am very happy to share today with you. I hope that you have a wonderful day. All my love.

I have my bread baking, and it is just a small loaf. I have also a loaf of blueberry bread also ready to go. I just have to add the wet ingredients when the first gets done.

 Every year I bake bread on this day. This year I am baking a simple loaf of just wheat bread because I didn't get to grocery shop for all of the ingredients that I needed to make my whole wheat bread. I will be baking bread again in September so I will make sure that I have all I need.

 I saw the cutest bread in the shape of a mouse the other day. I wished I had saved it now but I didn't. Truthfully with the grandkids taking up a lot of my time I didn't get to do very much of anything other than loving my sweet kiddo's. 
 I will never complain about spending time with them because I missed them so much when they were up in Mammoth Lakes California. 
 It was a shame about them losing most of what they owned but material things can be replaced. They are little but once.
 Adrian is 12 now. I cannot believe my oldest is already on the thresh hold of being a teenager and Catherine is not far behind him at 10. 
 Cathy and I spend a lot of time together. Adrian not so much. He is more interested in hanging out with Jonathan and Nathan. Of course they have a lot in common.
 I don't know too much about the video games that the boys play and he is of the age where that is what he enjoys.
 Cathy likes art and she enjoys plants, herbs, spices and cooking. She is so smart. I gave her my sewing machine. Karyn and I will take it to her over the weekend if we get to go to San Antonio.

 The younger boys are easy, just a lot of energy lol. But last night Dante got the biggest kick out of me telling him the story of the "Hobo and The Stone Stew." 
 I loved that story when I was growing up and of course we had to follow it up with The Three Little Pigs, Goldilocks and The Three Bears, Little Red Riding Hood and an assortment of other stories. 
 The baby just loves me to sing to him. Goodness knows that I can't carry a tune in a bucket but he could care less. His favorite is Old McDonald and The Ants Go Marching In. Go figure haha.

 I have a headache that I haven't been able to shake all day. Also I also have a terrible cramp in my toes. I finally took a couple of magnesium pills today. I usually get some charlie horses or foot cramps when I am low on magnesium. I hope that helps. 

 I found some really nice Lammas images from some of my groups to share. 




I guess this about wraps it up for me today. I need to return a couple of emails and I would really like to read a couple of blog posts and last of all I need to study tonight. I don't want to get to far behind.

 So everyone enjoy and take care of yourself and I will talk to you again soon. 
 I might even update with a couple of photos of my bread. (Smile)… BB
 



2 comments:

  1. I hope your headache is better by now Happy Lammas. Be well, friend. Lovely to have your grands with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sing to Pogo, and he doesn't care how awful I sound. I agree, enjoy them while you can. The little ones grow up so fast. Beth, I hope that headache goes away soon. It's tough enough just coping with the heat. You have a super day my friend. I'll chat with you soon. Woofs from Pogo. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...