Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Hot! Hot and Hotter!


All the colors of summer... image from the internet

What a scorcher. The last two days have been merciless. Right now it is over 100F with no relief in sight and not only that but starting tomorrow we will be entering our hottest month of summer. It should dip below 100 degrees at the end of September but that is only a sense of what use to be the norm. 
 With climate change we cannot say that come September we will see cooler temps. Hoping that they will start dipping is a big hope. 

 Isn't the lady, the colors of summer pretty? (Above), That is not the actual name of her. I just cannot remember the name without going and looking her back up so I named her the colors of summer. She has all of the summer colors in her. She is actually one of my wall papers.

 So my daughter and son in law recieved the job in San Antonio and it comes with a house on the property. So they are going to have to start over with everything. They have lost everything when their house was water logged back in the winter when their water heater exploded. They were living in Northern California at the time. They have moved back down here now so that they can be closer to family.
 Stuff can be replaced. Lives can't so they will have to start over. We can help with that. A little here and there and of course they will be getting things together as well.
 The next big hurdle is getting our kiddos into school. My Dante will be starting Kindergarten this year. So only the baby will be home. I am not sure if Dante will go a half or a full day yet. I guess it depends upon the school district that they are in.

 Karyn and I had planned on scooping up the two oldest and taking with us to Fredericksburg with us to see the Perseid meteor showers but it just so happens that we are leaving on the 12th which will be the kids first day of school. School is more important so we will have to find another outing for them.
 Karyn and I can probably use some down time anyway. I know that Jonathan has decided to stay home and take care of Foxy. He is not feeling well enough to go anywhere right now. He is a home body and if he can get some alone time then he totally likes it. 
 Karyn and I are social creatures. Nathan prefers to stay at home as well but he is actually looking forward to going with us. He loves all things universe like his mama. 
 Speaking of which tomorrow is Nathan's birthday. Today is my mother's birthday. We were hoping I would have him on her birthday. I had 3 children that were due on her birthday and Nathan was the closest to come to July 31st. He was born at 10:44am the next day. August 1st.

 Oh I have a few books that I am ordering. This is the first book on my list.

I have heard awesome things about this author.

I have been wanting this book forever. I had just forgotten the name and the author and when one of my friends bought it the other day and posted it I was like... Yes that is the one I have wanted so it is definitely getting ordered around midnight tonight lol.


And this has nothing to do with chickens although my friend Mary Moon may like this since she has chickens. I think that this is cool.

 I can't find the other two books but they are in my cart so I will post them later on but this is the first one that I want.

 I have a baby waking up so I will close for now. Take care everyone and I will talk later on... BB


  

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. Summer. I hope the heat gives you a break sooner rather than later.

    What a terrible story about your daughter and son-in-law and their water heater! I hope having them closer will be a good thing for you, and perhaps the fresh start will benefit them.

    You asked about the vases in that shot of my kitchen windowsill. The onion pot and celery vase were made by Sadler, a British pottery company, back in the '60s or '70s (I think). I got them at the Portobello Road market here in London, but I've seen identical ones elsewhere in England at antique stores, so I don't think they're all that rare. The glass vase that the flowers are in came from Dave's grandmother, and I have no idea who made it.

    Love that corn kernel idea! I never even thought about trying to keep chickens cool. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful for your daughter and her family to lose everything like that! I can’t imagine how unsettling that must be. I’m glad they’ll have an opportunity to begin anew in San Antonio. In the meantime, I’m sure you’re happy to have them near.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen that book before. Let me know how it is. Happy Birthday to Nathan. Here's hoping your daughter and her family get settled into their new home soon. In a way, it can be fun starting all over. Let's hope so. Have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...