Tuesday, July 2, 2019

A Busy Day


Isn't this pretty?

Good Afternoon,
 It's been a busy day and another busy day tomorrow. I hope that after I get my errands ran tomorrow that I will not be as tired as I was today. 

 Jonathan and I got up at 7:30 and out the door by 8:00 this morning so we could get to the farmers market. 
 I left with a huge box filled with corn, potatoes, onions, beets, 2 kinds of squash, eggplant, apples and oranges, carrots and sweet potatoes and I am sure that I am forgetting a few things.
 The biggest surprise of all is that it was all free! All I had to do was provide my bags and boxes but I didn't even need that. 
 They had a wagon and had enough boxes to put everything in.
 They ran out of melons and tomatoes before it was my turn. I was number 110 in line. And we were there early.
 But no way am I going to complain. We have more than enough for our family and I will share with my friend Emily tonight.
 I will pick up my melon when I go to H.E.B. tomorrow evening.

 The library was closed. The entire library system is closed this week. I was like ok, I understand Christmas and Thanksgiving, even Easter but 4th of July? The entire week? 
 But it is and there is not much I can do about it but tomorrow Jonathan and I are headed over to Half Price books.

 Let me tell you about our stop at the Good Will. Hmm, so I really wanted some coffee and so we stopped at Burger King. It is in a little strip mall thing.
 I looked over as he was pulling into the drive thru and I said to him, "Look, there is a Good Will right there".
 So we decided to go there first and I was so surprised at how high everything was. You know those small metal dish racks that fits in the sink for your dishes
$12.99. I couldn't believe my eyes but yes that was the right price. I asked. Yeah it was a little better than the standard but not $12.00 better. I just want one of those small racks that fits into my sink and holds my dishes until I get ready to fill the dishwasher to just to keep glasses and dishes separated until they are rinsed. I will get mine at Walmart if I don't find one at savers for 5 bucks. 

 Jonathan found a water hose. 20 feet for $30.00 and he put that down rather fast. I didn't find what I was looking for but one small glass pumpkin caught my eye. We carried it around for a little while but it just didn't speak to me so I had Jonathan put it back. I really didn't want to spend the $6.99 on it. It was really cute but I wouldn't be able to see my plants thru it because the glass is really thick. 

 No good selection on books. The only thing Jonathan bought was a Citronella candle. I don't know what he paid for it because I didn't ask. 
 Karyn is going to take me to a good place tomorrow. We are going to a thrift store called Savers. They have a half off sale and they are relatively cheap anyway. 
 It is just a bit of a drive to get there. 

 Speaking of Karyn she has plans with friends on the 4th. They are going to the lake and her friends have a pontoon boat.
 I don't like her going on the water but she knows how I feel. I will worry no matter what so I will just pray she is safe and everyone else is as well. 

 Speaking of the 5th. It is a sad day for me. My dad died on July 5th 1990. My niece Joyce was born on July 5th 1968. My dad was laid to rest on my nephews birthday July 6th 1990.
 Joyce passed away April 4th 2014.  The numbers come out to 4-14-2014. 
So I think of them on that day. 
 I never cared for July 4th after that. 
Isn't it strange how certain dates signifies important things in our lives?


 Well I have to get moving and get my shower. I am thinking of a movie and just chilling for a little while. Talk to you later and everyone be Blessed... BB




1 comment:

  1. One way to change how you feel about the fourth of July, is to use it as a day for fond memories. Then watch the fireworks (even on TV) as a joyous celebration of those memories. I'll bet your dad would love that.

    You made out wonderful at the food market. I think it's great that you have a neighbor to have some fun with. I'll be looking forward to seeing your new painted stones. Here's wishing you better luck at finding your big bowl today.

    Now I have things to do before the power is shut off. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...