Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Hello Wednesday!!


One of my older scrap pages. I just love this one...

I am trying to get a head start on Christmas and so here is what I have in mind... Take a look at my beautiful Christmas Cactus...

I am going to repot this into a bigger pot but I am also going to take some of it and put into smaller pots and baby them and love on them and then when Christmas comes I hope that it will bloom a spectacular pink and give one to my neighbor Julie and my neighbor Emily for Christmas. I will add a pretty bow.

 That is my plan anyway. It has grown so much that it is out growing the pot that it is in. So I am getting a head start on Christmas. 
 I hope that it will be a nice enough gift to give. I may put a small gift bag with cookies or candy to go along with it. I would be thrilled if the pots bud or start to bloom. Mine didn't so maybe this year and I have some great potting mix and I have been feeding it with the water from my fish tank. Granted I only have one fish but when I clean the tank the water has a lot of nutrients for the plants.

 I have been working with some photos and started making some more scrap pages. I am beginning to miss it now. I got so burned out about a year ago, so I am ready to start back. Here are some photos I have made to use for my next scrap page layout.


Two of my grandchildren. Damien is almost 2. He is a good baby. He has such a sweet demeanor and Cathy will be 11 November 25th. She is our Thanksgiving baby. Every once in a while Thanksgiving has landed really close to her birthday.

 My girlfriend sent me a text the other day. We have known each other since 1983 and she and I were close. She and her husband drove a truck with my husband hauling rock and was local. 
 She sent me a picture and said... "Look Beth What I found" and I said... Oh My Gosh I bet that you have the only original. Most all of my photos were damaged by a hot water heater flood.
 I will show the original first and then what I did with it.


So the before and after.... Now I will scrap it later on.

Oh I should have put this other photo in while I was talking about plants... Does anyone know what this is? We have thought that it was some kind of weed but we left it because it gave us some greenery for our back yard and it gave shelter to the fire flies and our little toads. But we have no idea what it is and Sunday morning I seen where it had two gorgeous little flowers.

See it looks like a big weed....

 Anyway it is really pretty. It wilts badly around 3:00pm because of the heat. The heat will wilt anything. 

 Speaking of heat, Jonathan came home at lunch to take Nathan to Walgreen's to drop his prescription off and he told Jonathan that he would just wait for it so he could go back to work.
 Finally after waiting forever they told him it would be after 2:30pm before it would be ready so he decided to walk home... My poor little guy was really wilted when he arrived home. 
 He said "I am never doing that again".
I don't blame him. It was just 80 degrees he said but the humidity was 69% so I suppose that made it feel like a 100 degrees out there.

 I had some other things to say but I have to make the ham gravy. We are sort of having a holiday dinner for no reason. Christmas dinner in July... lol
 Ham and stuffing, cranberry sauce and ham gravy,English pea salad, and sweet potatoes with real butter and cinnamon... that is optional but yes cinnamon is really good for my blood sugar and I don't eat margarine. Yuck... that stuff is dangerous. No kidding, it really is.
 I have to go so y'all have a great day! BB






1 comment:

  1. Your photos are lovely and will make beautiful scrap pages. I don't believe there are really any weeds. Most of them are really beautiful, and if you study them, you'll most likely find that they do have a purpose. Except for the poisoness ones. (I guess that's how it is spelled)

    Your supper sounds delicious. Christmas in July is always a welcome feeling. I think your friends will love your Christmas Cactus plants. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...