Sunday, July 7, 2019

My Leg, Catnip, And Walmart



 Free images of a kitty and Catnip from the internet


Good evening, for a little longer. It is almost midnight here and a muggy 80 degrees. Not a breeze is stirring but I can hear my bats chirping. I wish them a good hunt and they have my permission to eat as many mosquitos as they want lol.

 It is really hot. And I am not sure that this heat I am experiencing is all weather related. The other night I had a really bad night with hot flashes. Then tonight Karyn and I went out to dinner at a new place she and I had wanted to try.
 It was a Greek restaraunt. Oh is was very good. They brought us out a small bowl of soup. It was a lemon and chicken broth with bits of noodle and chicken. It was really tasty.
 I have not had Greek food in a really long time. So this was a real treat for the both of us. I had barely tasted my soup and had a massive hot flash. 
 I excused myself and went into the bathroom and rinsed my face and neck. I ended up with several wet paper towels cooling my face neck and hair.
 I got back to the table just as Karyn was coming to check on me. They held our food until I was back and came to check on me.
 The woman that took care of us was so worried and I told her I was fine, just a hot flash and the look on her face said... (Ohhh I Know What Your Feeling)... 
 She was a sweetheart, turned the fans on a little higher setting and the air conditioner up. 
 We told her I was alright but she tended to me anyway. Brought me ice in a pretty scarf and some bread with honey. We will most definetly go back. It was so delicious.
 I couldn't eat all of mine. I had eggplant and potatos with a salad and pita bread. Karyn had a chicken dish with some kind of sauce to go with her chicken and bread. It was a huge hit.

 We left there to go to Walmart. I really wasn't up for a trip to Walmart but I needed a few things. I ended up with a a few pots and organic potting mix.
 I went for some Catnip. 
 I told Karyn to drop me off at the garden center and she was able to get a parking spot really close. She asked if I wanted her to go in with me and I said no. 
 She has been battleing a headache since she returned from her weekend on the lake. Not a migraine thankfully, just a nagging headache. So she stayed in the car and I went in.

 My leg has been acting up really bad. Yesterday I just couldn't take it. I showered and dressed into the dressing gown I bought in Florida and laid down. It was early, very early. I propped my leg up and picked up my book but I couldn't get comfortable. Finally I gave in and took my pain medication and fell asleep.
 Jonathan woke me for dinner and as soon as I was done I rinsed my plate and went back to bed. I slept soundly all night and woke up at 5:00 this morning. 
 The pain was gone but I noticed it hurting almost as soon as I went into the garden center. 

 I might have mentioned that Catnip is really a wonderful mosquito repellent. It will also keep away fleas, ticks, spiders, and ants. 
 Just take a few leaves and rub them in your hands and then rub your arms, legs and clothing and mosquitos will flee along with other pests. I didn't see anything about flies in the searches but I did read that Catnip is 10% stronger than Deet. We really have flies bad too. More about them in tomorrows blog post.

 Now it is an invasive plant so if you want ground cover then that is up to you but if not then it will do really well in raised beds and in pots around your house but especially keep close to front doors, back doors and where you sit outside. 
 Well it can't hurt so I went into Walmart with a mission and came out shell shocked... Sheesh!

 In the garden center there was no one to be found except for 2 men in yellow vests. They were talking and I didn't want to be rude but I finally had to interupt them.
 They told me that they couldn't help me because they were security. I don't know how we got to talking about their job but they were so nice. I am a talker so I decided to talk. I forgot Karyn was sitting in the car waiting on me.
 Finally one of the men got a call and had to go and the gentleman left with me pointed me in the direction of the pet department. 
 Well our pet department is almost at the other side of the store and this is a huge store but off I go determined to find some Catnip.

 Well to make a very long story short I did not find any Catnip anywhere. But I did pick up some doggie food for Foxy. 
 It is  the Cesar brand and tonight she had Roast beef with spring vegetables. Peas/carrots and potatoes in gravy. She ate every bite. They are very small portions and I mix in with her dry food.

 Miss Edna here is a picture of just Foxy for you, and Mary if you read this, Foxy is my daughter's little dog. I tried to lighten and crop the photos but I really don't like this photo program on Windows 10. Not many options at all that I can find.
Mary we lost Cisco a year ago Good Friday. Foxy fills the void as she and my daughter Karyn live with us now. And should she move, she and I will share a place together.
 This was taken while the kids were here. Karyn was sick with something. Probably allergies as she hasn't had a fever and it has been a couple of weeks. Ragweed and Mold is really high right now
Foxy is such a cuddlier. She loves being held.



The top was taken the other day.. July 4th. Karyn bought her a Pig Ear and she deserted her little lamb for the treat.

Anyway everyone that I was in contact with had given me different places to search.  I asked for a manager who told me that she didn't know where it would be other than in the garden center. 
 I asked if she could have one of the garden employees meet me in the garden center. I could tell she didn't really want to deal with me but oh well. So on the way back to the garden center I found my pots. 
 Now what kind of store puts the gardening pots in the Cosmetic department? Or close enough to it. I would have never thought to look there but it was on the way to my catnip person who told me. "I am so sorry but we no longer carry Catnip. We used to sell the seeds but I haven't had a seed shipment so they may not sell it anymore but I can check if you would like me to."
 She called someone and said that they stopped carrying the seeds at that store but I could probably find it at other Walmarts.
 I spotted my potting mix while she was on the phone and snagged it and checked out.
 My leg was throbbing like crazy. I got to the car, loaded my pots while Karyn handled the soil and we were headed home when I rememberd I had forgot to get my Tomatoes and my Cornbread mix...
 Did I want to go back in there.. No way! 
 It does not matter what Walmart I go to, the people are rude but there are a few exceptions but not many.
 No one ever knows where anything is. I swear that they will send you all over the store and no two employees will tell you the same place twice. 
 How ever it was probably the first time ever that I checked out at Walmart and was the only one in line. 

 Karyn offered to take me anywhere I wanted to go but I declined. I am ordering it online. I should have done that to begin with but I was impatient. I didn't think that I would be in the Twilight Zone but I should have known better.

 Now on to a few more things before I call it a night. I am painting a carrot rock right now. Or coloring it I should say.
 My orange is not coming out to well. I am probably going to have to add some red and some yellow to it.. The color is rather dull but I think that with the acrylic gel it will brighten up when it dries. I am hoping so.

 I am going to Reno Nevada in October for a week. My grandson Alex was born September 13th and my granddaughter Celeste was born October 30th and her mom's birthday is September 2nd. My birthday is October 11th so I am going to celebrate our birthdays together.
 So far the plans are simple. We are going to enjoy the days and we did decide to go to the Childrens Museum. It s really educational and a hands on type of place so they can play and learn and neither of the kids have been there.

 Matthew my son and their dad is driving a truck and he is going around the country so I am going to ask him to pick me up 2 rocks from each state that he goes to and to just write with ink what state he got them on each rock.
 Then I am going to paint them and when I was at the dollar store I saw several books that had a huge map them and stickers. I thought that I would get a couple of them for each child and I can write the state on them and then add a small sticker. The acrylic gel will hold them really well. I will just have to add an extra coat but that is alright. 
 But I was thinking that it would be great fun for the kids to unfold the maps and put the rocks I paint for each of them on each state. That way too when he calls them they can look on their map and see where he is and where they are.
 Anyway it is just an idea. 
 Matthew is sending me money when I get there so one day when Courtney and Deanna are off we can go shopping and both have family that can put the gifts up for Christmas.

 This turned into a very long post and I was just going to write a short post so it is almost 1:00 in the morning so I need to call it a night.
 My eyes are heavy and I have other things to tell you but I shall save it for another day.

 Good night my friends and take care of you. BB

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had so much trouble trying to find the catnip. I think ordering on line will be best. You sure have been getting around quite a bit lately. Don't overdo. I think you're going to have a wonderful time on your trip. I think the kids will love the rocks. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...