Tuesday, July 9, 2019

The Pit Falls Of Life


I had to borrow this from the internet. Karyn I love you and I am truly thankful that I had you by my side during this horrible time. Karyn you have always been there for me and I love you so much. Thank You Darling Daughter

Good Evening,
 This will not be a long post tonight. I have had a hard couple of days.

 I got up to go to the bathroom yesterday morning around 5:00 a.m. and I got rather dizzy and I think that I missed the bed trying to get back in. 
 I hit the corner of my night stand and split my skull and scalp wide open. Not sure of inside stitches but I do have 8 staples on the outside.
 It was really bad. 

 I was pouring blood and soaked a beach towel, my favorite gown and 3 of the absorbent chucks that they put under you and Oh.. also 2 of their sheets. I am sure the blanket too but they had an awful time trying to find where I was bleeding and trying to stop it.

 Yes I have pictures. I almost posted them but changed my mind. They are not pleasant to look at. You cannot see the staples because they had to stop the bleeding as fast as they could when they finally found it and so some of my hair got caught in the stitches and staples. It covers the staples too.
 I gave them permission to cut it shave it but they said they didn't have time that they had to stop the bleeding as fast as possible.

 I sat in the tub last night and was so thankful for my shower chair and hand held sprayer. I sat there and ran the warm spray all over my aching body and especially what parts of my head I could. 
 I haven't been able to keep the clots out because it is still bleeding, but not enough to have to go back to the hospital. They told me it would bleed and told me what to watch out for.

 I am so sorry that this post is all about me, me, me tonight.
 I will try and be back tomorrow. I can only stay up small amounts of time and then I have to lay back down.
 I lost so much blood that the doctor told Karyn he gave me permission to eat extra protein because he noticed a huge drop of iron in my blood work.

 I want to thank my daughter for taking such wonderful care of me... Karyn Bless you honey. I love you.... 
 Take care everyone, and take care of you. BB

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about you girl. You've got to stop falling down. Do you have a new walker yet? Use your walker when you go to the bathroom and back to bed. It just might help a bit.

    I won't be going to the wake today because it's not been a very good breathing day here. I'm thankful though for the little breeze we seem to have picked up.

    I'll chat with you later, woofs, licks and hugs, Edna B. (& Pogo)

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...