Thursday, July 25, 2019

Enchanted Rock State Park



Photo from the internet

Hello,
 How are you doing today? I hope that you are doing well and that today is a great day for you!

 I chose this photo from the internet. This is where Karyn and I are going in August to see the Perseid meteor showers. 
 I chose a few more photos to share with you.




 It looks so dry and bare but it isn't. It is lush in places. I just chose a few photos that I thought were fun and just look at that pink granite. I forget the name of it but it is so pretty.
 As a matter of fact our state capital is constructed with this pink granite. It is so pretty and it never seems to look the same no matter how many times I have seen it and I especially love seeing it at night.
 Anyway so this is where we are going. We decided that we are going to just take a picnic lunch. Maybe stop and get some chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy and a side or two or maybe we will get some sandwich fixings and such. We will take things like drinks, chips and snacks and there is a place in between where they have the most delicious fried pies so we will stop and get one of those for sure.
 We are going to leave early in the day and check into our room and then head to the park. Find a good spot to watch the night sky.
 The next day we have to check out about 11:00am so we decided to take the longer way home and go thru Luckenbach Texas.
 Does anyone remember that song Luckenbach Texas by Waylon Jennings? Here it is for you. Talk about a trip down memory lane.


 There is a BBQ place that Karyn wants to take me to. She has raved over this little BBQ shack and she said it is fantastic. 
 It isn't fancy but the food is delicious. So that will be our last treat before we head home. 
 So all of this is just so close to home. It is about an hour to the Enchanted Rock State Park and about another half hour or so to Luckenbach and wait... We cannot, absolutely no way ever that we can go to Fredericksburg and NOT go to the thrift stores and the little shops and since we are leaving early we will have to stop in at the German shops to taste samples of the food.
 So I think that we are going to have the best time. If the boys go then Foxy will go with us. If the boys one or both of them stay home she will stay with them. 
 Why you ask? Well Foxy doesn't travel well. She cries, it stresses her out and she shakes and eventually she gets so upset that she throws up. So we don't want to put her thru that.

 I am tired so I am going to call it a night. I have another blog post forming in my head lol... It is about the books that I am wanting to add to my collection.
 I love books but these are not just any books. So until tomorrow, I will say goodnight and Blessed Be to all. BB

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a gorgeous park! The Pink granite is called Millford Pink Granite. What makes it sparkle? There is quartz, mica and feldspar in granite. It's the mica that makes it sparkle. Aren't you glad you asked? hahaha

    I know you and the kids are going to have an awesome time that weekend. Don't forget to take lots of photos. I'll chat with you later, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through this area (I think?) many years ago when I visited Austin. I think it was 2003 or so. Anyway, I remember Fredericksburg and all the quaint little stores. I didn't go to Enchanted Rock, though. Have a great time and tell us about it!

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...