Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Little Bits Of Stuff and Happy Birhday Matthew


Photo from the internet

 Hello,
 I hope that this is finding all doing well. I am alright I suppose except I can't sleep. I haven't even tried tho. My mind is racing 90 miles a minute. 
 I wish that I could meditate. I have always tried and I just can't do it. Sometimes I feel like I can almost get there and then suddenly a random thought will just pop into my mind. It is crazy. Then I have to try and start over. I think that in my 59 years I have succeeded twice. 
 One of my friends tried to help me. She tried to calm me with breathing and such. Ha she was a distraction. 
 But the one time that I managed I didn't have a white light to focus on. I saw shapes. and colors and even movement. A lot of movement actually. Roses that faded into different colors, stars, triangles, diamonds. Things like that. When I told my friend about it she said that I did it wrong. Okay, now I know lol.

 What do you think of the photo I chose of the autumn bridge? I am so very ready for autumn to get here. This heat is brutal. We are supposed to get some rain tonight and a cool down. A cold front in July.
 I have seen it happen tho. In Little Rock Arkansas one July we had a storm come in. Flash flooding as well but when it was over it was very chilly. 
 It stayed in the 60's for a couple of days. We loved it. We hated to see the heat come back but it was so unusual to have that kind of weather in July. At least that is what my neighbor said. It was just my first year there. The second year was Horrible. Worse than Texas because I lived close to the river.

 Last night I sat down and studied and did a couple of quizzes. I have one left to do. It is just 4 questions but I am having to put my thinking cap on.
 I studied Altars last night.
 A lot of stuff is things I already know but the way the course is set up it adds things that correspond in other ways. Everything is prevalent. Everything does come full circle in some way. 

 Altars should actually face North.  It should face North because it's element is Earth.
 It is used for grounding, protection and uses of herbs, stones and Earthly material. 
 In fact North and the Earth have many connections. 

 Altars facing West signifies the end of the day with the setting of the sun. 
 Storms also come in from the west. And with it storms bring rain and rain is water which is our Life's Source. Without water we would perish. 
 Water is also healing. Swimming in the ocean brings peace, tranquility and healing of mind, body and spirit. 
 All emotional and spiritual enlightenment comes from water. 

 Altars facing East is linked to the element Air.  I am an Air sign and last year I was reading about the elements and I could not believe how true Air was for me. It fit me to a T.
 The sun rises in the east and represents a new beginning. A fresh day to work on communication, understanding and a clean slate to begin the next day with.

Altars facing South has Fire as it's element. Oh Fire is a passionate and element in so many areas of our lives.
 When people are born under the Fire sign they are passionate about everything and they don't care who knows it. In love, work and play. 
 I have a son who is 31 today and  he was born under the Fire sign. He is passionate about his work. He is always putting in that extra hour, driving those extra miles and wanting nothing more than to let those above him know that he is willing and ready.
 He is also passionate about his belief's and is pretty blunt about it as well. If he thinks he has been wronged he will go up and above to fix it.
 Altars facing South is linked to success, abundance and courage. It is also a place to work on new spells or magic. 

 Our Altars are Sacred to us. An altar is not a Shrine. A Shrine is something totally different but tonight I am writing about Altars and perhaps I will discuss Shrines one day.

 Altars can be any size. They can be the size of a Altoid can or as elaborate as anyone would like.
 But there are a lot of things to take into consideration when one is considering their altar.
 Are you open about your belief's and don't mind people coming into your home and seeing your altar?
 What about room-mates that have different beliefs and are bothered by your altar?
 Pets also can be a problem especially when burning sage as it can be toxic to your pet.
 There is a lot to consider. 

 Here are some pictures of my altar from last year. Our house right now is a mess. We are trying to make room for my daughter and her family so we have so much scattered. It is a long story and right now I will stick to my original topic. I am sure I will have lots of stories to tell soon with my grandchildren here.
 This is my altar.

This was taken last Halloween. I had quiet a bit of room in the dining room of our last home.

 This next photo is one I use regularly in the evenings when I am very tired or stressed out. It helps me relax.

I have my candles, herbal tea and some body lotion or body butter. I also read or journal or even just sit back relax and listen to some music.

 Right now I don't have an altar set up and it is driving me batty. I want to but my grandkids are coming and I know that it will be touched and oohed and awwwwed over. 
 I have a lot more things to add to my altar now so it isn't something that I want the kids to be touching. 

 Thank you for hanging out with me tonight. Or I should say this morning since it is almost 3:30 in the morning.
 I am waiting for the storm to come in. It will be such a relief to feel a cool breeze and  enjoy. 
 I saw lightening a little while ago when I walked outside to stretch a little.
 I wish that I could say that Mr. Sandman was coming to visit tonight but no, I am still awake. It is ok. I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow that I know of so I can sleep a few hours after Karyn and Jonathan go to work.
 You would think that I should be really tired and ready to sleep after the day I had.
 We swept and mopped the house, scrubbed the bathroom down, cleaned the kitchen and did laundry. I am behind on dishes now because Karyn peeled potatos and put the peelings down the garbage disposal. It stopped up the sink so I couldn't use the dishwasher until Jonathan unclogged the sink. And then we had dinner dishes so I will have to do them tomorrow.

 I was a little annoyed with my doctors office today and the entire thing was just to much.
 When I went in on Friday to get the staples removed from my head I told my doctor that I thought that I had another UTI infection.
 She said I don't think so Beth. You just finished 2 rounds of antibiotics so it is probably your sugars running a bit on the high side. But she said that we would do a urine sample. So I gave one and took it to the lab technician and my nurse said that they would call me if it came back dirty and if I didn't hear back then everything was fine and said I could go ahead and check out.
 So I did and went home. I get a call today from one of the nurses. Here is the conversation or most of it.
 Hi, this is so and so from so and so. I was just calling to see how your feeling after a few days on the antibiotics.
 What antibiotics? I didn't get antibiotics.
 Oh hmm well it says here that you have a UTI infection and a prescription was called in for you.
 Umm no mam no one called me to tell me that I had a UTI. Do you have the results?
 Yes and it says you were positive for a UTI and that the prescription was called in and you were informed.
 I think that did it. STEAM reared it's ugly head.
 Look I know that it was the end of the day and every one was ready to go home but no I was not informed and you should speak to so and so because she told me that I would get a call if I had a UTI. If I didn't hear anything then the test was negative.

 I am getting ready to change clinics. They keep doing this crap to me. One time I can see but this is several times. Since I have been at this clinic I have had 3 different doctors because they all keep leaving.... and I am getting ready to do the same!

 Ok rant over. It has to be because it is really lightening outside and I have to shut my computer down.
 Until next time, stay safe and take care of yourself... Bye for now. BB

 




1 comment:

  1. Today's doctors make life so frustrating. They all need to go back to school and learn some life with patient lessons. We are people, not just paychecks, and deserve to be treated with respect and honesty. I hope you find a good new doctor. My food is coming in so I have to go. Beth, you have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...