Thursday, August 22, 2019

It Looked Like Rain


Image is from the internet

Hi,
 Surprise! I changed my blog and after working and searching and spending at least an hour on Google I fixed my reply button. Now when someone comments I can reply. What a relief.

 Yes Miss Edna you told me to leave it alone but aren't you glad that I fixed it and that I learned something new?
 I am a happy camper right now. 

 So the dreaded eye appointment is over. He did a lot of other testing, especially checking for Glaucoma. I don't have to go back until October 14th. The pressure in my eyes were 21 in each eye which had me a bit worried as it has always been down to 11 or 12. I think that it got up to 15 once. 
 They said that it  fluctuates daily, even hourly and that it was still in a good range. 
 My right eye is better and I can see pretty well out of it but my left eye has is really been foggy and things appeared kind of milky. It is a reaction of two medication drops and it is normal. It should be gone by tomorrow. Already I have been able to tell a difference.

 I haven't been up to much because it is just so dang hot. Some people are pulling out their sweat shirts and sweaters. I will be so glad when I hear that we can do the same.
 I posted the photo of the sky because today I just knew we were going to get a rain shower but nope, it moved on and perhaps blessed someone else with some rain. I expect come fall that I will be complaining about all the rain we are getting.

 I really hope that it isn't like last year with all of the flooding in my back yard, my bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining room and garage. It got us good. It rained for days on end. Now we are not seeing a single drop of rain around here. 

 Oh I am really loving reading The Old Farmers Almanac. Thank you Miss Edna. It has a lot of valuable information in it and such great topics and conversation starters.
 Nathan enjoyed it as well and said tomorrow before he has to go to work he is going to go outside and check our weeds. Ha. I thought that was funny but he is really serious about getting them out and especially the crab grass. Well they can certainly go to. It is hard to keep it from growing. He pulls it up often for the compost bin but it seems like it is like rabbits and keeps multiplying.

 Also I have a mini zapper, a big huge THANK YOU Miss Edna, and I have been zapping away. It really works and it has made a huge difference in keeping the mosquitoes away. 
 This house is really odd. When we looked at it we didn't see all the little things that could be a deal breaker. That came after we signed the lease and got settled in.
 First of all there is not a water spigot in the back yard. There is one in the front yard but not the back. In order to water my plants I would have to open the garage and attach another water hose and drag it all the length of the house and then water everything and then wind it all back up, out to the front and disconnect it and wrap that one back up.
 I just cannot do all of that. So thankfully the plants in the back are drought lovers. But even they need water at some point so I fill a few gallon jugs of water and hand water them. I try to do it slow so the water sinks into the ground and not run off.

 The second thing is there is not a electrical outlet in the back. No way can we connect one of those big mosquito zappers or even have a fan out there. We would have to run an extension cord but wouldn't be able to close the sliding glass door. 

 The last thing I will tell you about tonight is the kitchen. I thought that I checked everything well when I was here but how I missed this is beyond me.
 We have 3 plug outlets in the kitchen total. One is for the stove and fridge. We have one at the back door and one over by the dishwasher.
 That is really annoying. I bet I will be checking from now on if we move again, which I think that we will. I seem to be the only person here that actually likes this house. It could be great if they would just try and vision it. But they will see only what they want to see I guess.

 Well it is getting late so I am going to head to bed. I didn't realize it was as late as it is. I should spend at least a half hour and study but I think I have used this eye enough for now. I took the eye patch off last night when I went to bed.

 Take care everyone... BB  



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on learning how to fix the reply on your blog. As for the bug zapper, I'm glad you're getting good use out of it. As for the hose situation, you might just pick up another hose and leave it rolled up and attached to the first one. This way you only have to drag it outside, use it, and roll it back up. As for the electrical outlets in the house, maybe the landlady could have an electrician come in and put in some extra outlets. Not enough outlets can be a fire hazard. Folks tend to hook up too many things to one outlet and then voila! A fire.

    As for a fan in the yard, that's a new one to me. I do have outlets on the outside of my house, hut they are for yard appliances and tools.

    Don't overdo and cause a strain to your eyes. Get some rest and I'll chat with you later. You have a nice nap, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edna, I could leave the other hose in the garage but I would have to unhook it to be able to close the garage.
      The fan would be useful. One of the stand up kind and then we bring it in at night. It would at least circulate the air when it is stifling hot outside.
      I didn't sleep well last night. Foxy was full of P*** and Vinegar again last night. She lost her bone in the bed and couldn't find it so she was digging in the mattress like she was digging in the dirt. We turned on the light around 5:00am and had to take all the bedding off and shake it until we found a tiny sliver of a bone left... I know I will get a good nap in tonight. But I love her so all is right in my world lol.
      I will talk to you soon. Hugs,xx

      Delete
  2. Glad your eyes are in pretty good shape. I wonder if you can use an extension cord or power strip in your kitchen to make more outlets? You wouldn't want to plug multiple large appliances into a power strip, but I think it could handle small ones like toasters or coffee pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve, We do have several outlets along the wall by the patio and garage and I put two tables, actually microwave stands on each side and am using power strips for the toaster, and a few other things we use regularly, like the slow cooker and have a spot designated for my brew machine that magically conjures Caffeine in the form of coffee lol... Luckily the appliances have an outlet but I can't move the fridge when I need to use the blender so to speak.
      I do know that the next house we look at will most def... Have multiple wall plugs lol...

      Delete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...