Friday, August 16, 2019

I Am Slacking


This page is made with a kit that I received years ago from a friend. She is now in business for herself but does not remember making this kit for me. It is called Friends. I think that the relationship between mothers and daughters are ones that have many roles and the one that I love most is the role of friends. No better friend than your mother, no better friend than your daughter. Enjoy this scrappage Miss Edna of you and your lovely daughters.... Audrey and Deanne.

Hello,
 It is late here. It is a little after 1:00am. I have been slacking.
 My leg has been hurting most of the day and I have just stayed off of it and have napped on and off most of the day.
 I am still ready to go to sleep early but I am making potato salad for Jonathan. He has to take it for a work luncheon so he was really exhausted when he came home.
 He worked late Wednesday and Thursday and was so tired that he didn't even want to eat dinner. Since I am up usually I told him I would make the potato salad for him. He was much appreciative and he ate a little bit and then he went straight to bed.
 The potato's are cooling so all I have to do is peel the jackets off and add the ingredients. 
 Oh Damn, I forgot to boil the eggs.

 Ok so the eggs are now boiling. I cannot believe that I forgot to boil the darn eggs. Oh well it isn't like it is a major goof. I at least eventually remembered lol.

 With my leg hurting as bad as it has been on days like these last few, I have wondered how much longer I am going to be able to keep it.
 I accepted the fact a long time ago that it is probable that I will lose it at some point.
 When Laurie and her family was here I packed up a lot of my glass altar things. I am not sure what box it is in. 
 I did know but Nathan and Karyn rearranged the garage and now I am not sure exactly where it all is. I packed it up because I didn't want curious little fingers and hands picking up and possibly breaking my things.
 I should have had Nathan get the boxes down for me yesterday but I forgot and today I was alone so I couldn't do it myself so my Moon altar is going to have to wait.

 One of my friends wrote in our group that she was drinking elderberry wine and sitting on her patio soaking up moonbeams lol.
 As for me I have sat outside looking up into the night sky and admiring the moon from my front driveway. 
 Clouds are forming and passing by occasionally but it is really pretty with the cloud shadows. One girl in the group shared a childhood memory and I thought it was so sweet.
 She said when she was a little girl her mother would give her a empty brown sack and tell her to talk to the moon and fill up the sack with dreams. 

 It reminds me of when my kids were little. I would wake them up when we had some night show in the sky.
 They still remember the year that I took them to the planetarium to see the sky laser show that scientists had gone back to the year Jesus was born to what the sky looked like and the star of Bethlehem. It was a Christmas present. We did things with them that we considered gifts and that they would remember.
 Every year we went to a town called Los Colinas up in Dallas. 
 Each year they did fireworks synced to Christmas music. It was really gorgeous. The very last song every year was Elvis singing Blue Christmas and the sky would light up in the most dazzling shades of blue.
 Most times we were freezing our tushies off but it was always worth it and then we would stop some place for ice cream.
 Yeah I know, freeze our butts off and drinking hot chocolate but stopping for ice cream lol. They were good memories. We tried to give the kids good memories or at least I did.

 Going east every year we also went to a drive thru park that lit up with all kinds of characters. Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the Grinch were some of the displays. Of course there were lots of Santa's and elves and reindeer and snow. 
There were so many displays but there was one that was called the Precious Moments display at the end of the drive. There was a Precious Moment child figure with the name of a child that had died and that was no longer with us.
 The parents bought the land and donated it for a Christmas display. At the end of the trail we would always donate for the upkeep of the park for future displays. It opened the night after Thanksgiving and stayed open until New Year's eve.

 Oh wow, I don't know how I got on this rabbit trail. I was talking about my moon altar and ended up talking about Christmas.
 It is on my mind. We are in the middle of August already and so it is right around the corner. I have gotten a few gifts already. I need to get one or two in the mail.

 Well it is time that I get that potato salad made and get my tired body into bed. I hope that I can sleep tonight.
 Have a great weekend and I will talk to you all later on...  BB













2 comments:

  1. Lordy me girl, you are over doing it again. In the future when you have overnight company, keep your things in your room and lock your bedroom door. Learn to carry your key in your pocket. This will eliminate having to pack things up and store them away. Company can always make do the best they can in the living room or at a nearby motel.

    I love the stories from years ago. I think the moon is rather special to a lot of us. I'm glad that you at least got to enjoy it last night. I slept it away.

    Thank you for the beautiful scrap page. I do love it. Now I have to get back to what I was doing or I won't get it done. You have a super evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how we humans can start talking about one thing and wind up on another subject entirely?! The brain is funny that way. I certainly hope your leg feels better and glad you remembered to boil those eggs!

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...