Tuesday, January 11, 2022

A Lovely Busy Day


This is what the dragon earring looks like when it is on. Since I have not had Jon take a photo of me wearing the dragon, I just decided to do a screen shot. Like I said earlier I didn't pay much for them. 

 Right now, I am wearing these really cute earrings and Jon said today "Mom you do know that they are mismatched, don't you?"

 I replied " Yes I know. They are meant to be mismatched." He had this confused look on his face, so I said that it is a trend and has been for years now.  They are a crescent moon and a sun. I will see if the photo turned out so you can see them.


These are very light weight and I love the stones. They add just enough sparkle and bling to make me happy lol. 

 I gave Laurie and Cathy one of each today. I didn't get to see her wearing hers because I needed to get home. We had planned to take the kids to the park, but it was so windy, and Dante has already had to see the doctor because his allergies had his eyes really red and dry and also, he is prone to ear infections, so we didn't get to visit for long this time but maybe longer next time.

 I hope that everyone is doing well. I do have some news and not sure what the outcome will be right now.

 Jon's workplace is being cleaned because some of the workers who had to work in the building have tested positive for Covid. Even though he works from home, he occasionally has to go into the office. He thinks that he was not in the office during the time frame that his supervisors are telling him, but he is keeping his distance from everyone. We are Mask people. We believe in protecting ourselves and others.

 I know that everyone is tired of hearing Covid this and Covid that but really, I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about wearing a mask. It's not that big of a deal to me at least. If I go out to the store, then I am going to slip on my mask. I want to protect myself and also others around me. 

 I do understand that students having to wear a mask the entire time that they arrive on campus can be hard for the younger children. But the older kids should be able to handle it a lot better than people give these kids credit for. 

 The one thing that I love about kids and most kids is that they are resilient, and they bounce back so quick and fast. My daughter Laurie and I were talking today about her childhood and growing up and she said something that made me feel better as a parent and as a mom because I feel so many guilty emotions during the time they were growing up and she said "Being a parent now Mom, I understand so much better because I can look back and see that you beat yourself up over so many things that we as kids either don't remember or it just wasn't a big deal. The things you feel guilty over Mom were things that was just a big deal to you. We got over so much so fast because we knew you loved us and that is what was important to us."

 I was basically a mom and dad to my kids. Robert drove a truck and he was gone a lot. He was out on average 6 weeks at a time. He earned 1 day off for every week he was out on the road. 

 When he did come home, he was exhausted. He needed real rest and sleep, but my life couldn't just change because he came home for 5 to 6 days. I still had a million things going on. I still homework, ball games and practices, parent/teacher conferences, and then there was laundry and cooking and cleaning, and it was hard, but it is something that I would never change for anything. I chose to be the best mom possible and yet every night there is one thing that I can say truthfully, at the end of the day one or all five of my kids went to bed needing something from me, whether it was another hug and kiss, or an extra five minutes of time with them or something else and that is what I regret and feel the guiltiest about. Looking back and thinking that I could have done something different but then I think that if I had done something different would my kids have been as strong as they are now. 

 I know this post is getting a bit long, but I will just say this one last thing and then wrap up this post. It is almost 4:00 in the morning and I have to get some sleep because I have another busy day ahead of me.

 I came home the other day from being out in front of our building seeing some of my 4-legged friends and owners. On the bar was a card and it was from Jonathan. He had written in the card that I was the best role model that any child could ever want. I am going to paraphrase it because a lot of it is really personal, but he said that he admired me for not being a parent that fixed their kids problems. "Mom you raised us to know right from wrong and you taught us that we had to be responsible for our own actions. You didn't fix it for us, but you taught us to look for solutions to what we did wrong. You would ask the questions that made us think for ourselves."

 Yes, I cried, and that card is in my forever keepsakes. I felt after reading those words that Hey I must have done something right after all. Then Laurie saying what she did it has got me to thinking. No matter the fussing and arguing we have done, underneath it all I have 5 great kids, flaws and all and I love them to the moon and back and to the end of time. Love is really a great healer.

 I am tired and I think that I am going to make myself a cup of tea. Oh, speaking of tea, Jonathan bought one called Ginger Peach. It is so soothing, and the aroma gets stronger the longer it steeps. I really love my tea. It is the one thing that I truly splurge on. 

 And on that note, I will say goodnight or good morning and as always please be safe and take care of yourself and others. BB

 

1 comment:

  1. Your tea sounds delicious! We never know how we did as a parent until our children are all grown up. Amazing! I love your dragon earring. I wish I could wear earrings. It's wicked cold here. I'm going to curl up under a warm blanket and read a book. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...