Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year!

 

It isn't always easy to say Goodbye at the end of the year that has passes quicker than a shooting star. I wish for you the Blessings of the sun to light your path as you seek Good Health, Love and Happiness. I wish for a gentle wind at your back so that you move forward to Prosperity and Good Fortune and that you will be able to experience them both with new eyes so that you may be able to experience stunning beauty of Life that our Lord has created. Happy New Year 2022.

Happy New Year,
 I hope that the holidays were everything that you wanted. We didn't do quiet as much as we had planned but hanging out with one another was pretty darn nice. The month of November was a bit rainy and crisp as Autumn filled the days. It was sweater weather here in Texas and the early days of December was the same then the days turned into gorgeous weather. It was really warm Christmas Day. We were 81 degrees and today was really nice. It dawned gray and dreary but by noon the sun broke thru and chased the gloom away as we experienced another gorgeous day and then about an hour ago the temps dropped hard and fast!  it is now 42 degrees and will drop to 34 degrees tonight but tomorrow will climb to 77degrees. And that is as far as the weather I have seen. 

 I really haven't seen Laurie and her family because they have all been sick with one thing and then another so I have kept my distance because I don't want to take any chances of getting sick. We were supposed to have had our Christmas on the 30th but the youngest, Damien and her husband David started throwing up the day before. We haven't really set another date just yet, but we will get together when the time is right.

 I saw Karyn just briefly the morning of Christmas. She called to tell us not to cook that she was bringing Christmas Dinner to us. She brought a ton of food and Jonathan, and I didn't have to cook unless we wanted to. Which we did here and there but it was just something super easy like sandwiches and soup. One night he made a really good chicken, potato and vegetable stir fry.

 Karyn's turkey was mouthwatering delicious. She cleaned the turkey of course and in a very large bowl she made a mixture of Apple cider vinegar, spring water and brown sugar and poured it over the turkey and let it sit in the brine mixture for 24 hours then she patted it dry and roasted it. It was the first time that she tried making a turkey like that and she said she would never make another turkey any other way. It was so juicy and delicious, and she is a great cook anyway and so all of her dishes were wonderful.

I ordered two books today and can hardly contain my excitement. Miss Edna gave me the Witches Datebook 2021 last year for Christmas and I loved it! I used it on a daily basis and drew sad at the last date in the book. However, there is so much wonderful information in it that it will still remain as one of my favorites. Not only does it have some nice recipes it also has a few yoga exercises which even my daughter in law Courtney enjoyed. 
 
 I am sorry I can't stay and chat but just realized the address is wrong for my amazon order on my books is wrong so I have to take care of this pronto before Jonathan goes to bed. Have a wonderful week in advance.

As always please stay safe and Blessed Be,,,, Beth

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see you back here in blogland. I hope this new year is good to you Beth. I'll call you later and we can chat. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good holiday! That turkey sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...