Saturday, January 22, 2022

Saturday Is Coming To A Close

 


Hi,

 Happy Saturday!

 It is evening and I was going to work on my blog earlier, but I had Facetime with my grandchildren in Reno and my son Nathan. He is visiting them for the weekend, and he was part of the surprise Facetime video call. We had a lot of fun.  

 Alex explained to me that he was building a mansion in Mine Craft and Celeste had several inches of her hair cut a few days ago. I told her that it will help her hair grow.

 Uncle Nate was being assaulted by not only Alex and Celeste but by the cousins Lily and Gunner as well. He said that they lost lol. Celeste tried arguing with Nathan and I told her to give it up because they would not win because Uncle Nathan was a master achiever when it came to arguments lol. No way they were gonna win that battle ha-ha. I have had way too many arguments with that boy to know!

 Jonathan made some potatoes and polish sausage for a late lunch today with broccoli and it was so good. We had a little left over so I may have that later if I get hungry but so far, I am stuffed. I really do like this instant pot. 

 He is making baked chicken, sweet potatoes and buttered squash tomorrow along with a side of stuffing.  He was going to cook it tonight, but I told him I would rather wait until tomorrow because I am still full of the meal earlier so he said he was as well, and it will be better appreciated tomorrow. I honestly don't know where I would be able to put another morsel of food!

 Karyn called a little while ago and said she will be coming tomorrow night and will be spending a few days with us as she is having to go into the office on Tuesday. 

 So, Foxy will have some good cuddles with her mama. Speaking of Foxy, I think that she is over her bladder infection. So, I will tell you that if you suspect your female doggie or kitty has a bladder infection...

 Take a cap full of apple cider vinegar that has the sediment in it. We call it apple cider vinegar with the "Mother" in it. Take a cap full and pour into a small bowl and add a cap full of water to dilute it and then take your finger and dip it into the bowl and then swab your doggie or kitty's mouth.

 Do this several times as it is bitter, and it will allow your pets to make saliva which they will swallow. This will allow the apple cider to get into their system and by doing this several times a day your pet will run to their water bowl and drink water to dispel the taste in their mouths and by drinking more water it will help them to urinate more and will help flush out the bad bacteria and hopefully keep you from a hefty vet bill for antibiotics.

  Keep in mind though that if you notice that the symptoms are not getting better then you need to seek a vet to make sure that they get the proper medical treatment they need, and this is just a natural remedy that you can use first. It is in no way a diagnosis or anything other than a suggestion and I do this for our Chihuahua Foxy.

 Foxy has very sensitive hearing and for the past couple of weeks our smoke alarm has been going off at all different times day and night. Jonathan took it down thinking that it needed new batteries, but it does not use batteries. It is actually hard wired to the electric. 

 Anyway, Foxy starts barking like crazy and then it goes off. She actually hears it before it starts beeping. Jonathan said today after it went off three times during the night and three times today that he is going to call the office and put in a work order.  It will wake us up and it is hard for me to reach up with a broom handle and hit the button and sometimes I get to it before Jonathan does but I feel bad for Jonathan because it wakes him up and it is hard for him to go back to sleep and then get up at 6:30 in the morning to get ready for work.

  He is one of those that can go straight to sleep, and he has a regular bedtime. But if he gets awakened during the night for some reason, he will toss and turn the rest of the night. I hope that maintenance just takes it down or puts it somewhere else. It is in the main part of the apartment across from Jonathan's room and the bathroom. 

I am going to close and go and play my Elvenar game. I used to play it years ago, but my older laptop could not connect to the server a lot of the time and I just quit playing but I came across an ad for it yesterday and I thought... OMGosh I forgot about this game. I decided to just start anew because I couldn't remember my password and all that so I thought I would just start over and so I want to spend a little while doing some essentials before I go to bed.

 Have a fantastic Sunday and I will catch ya later... BB

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to spend some Zoom time with the family. That's a mystery about the smoke alarm -- something must be making it go off. I hope the work order doesn't take too long and they figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may just be a faulty detector. Hopefully, they'll get it taken care of quickly. I'm glad Foxy is better now. Have fun playing your game. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Less Drama

  My son and daughter in Arizona.... Howling at the Moon....   Hello,  I have been pretty busy with doctor appointments but I seem to have a...